Foredom Woodcarving Kits has been the trusted set for years for those serious about the craft. It’s the right combination of power and accessories for most woodcarvers, and the instructional DVD set helps put these tools to work at once. The Foredom K.5250 Woodcarving Kit evolved from the K.5240 for those desiring the added precision of the dial control over a foot pedal.
This kit may be purchased on its own, or paired with a convenient motor hanger.
Use the drop down menu to choose: K.5250 (Woodcarving Kit with no Motor Hanger), K.5251 (Woodcarving Kit with Bench Clamp MAMH-1 Motor Hanger), K.5252 (Woodcarving Kit with Base Mount MAMH-2 Motor Hanger).
From the Manufacturer:
PrePackaged Tool Kits take guesswork out of product selection, offer the best value, and feature smart tool combinations for specific applications. They contain just about everything you need to get to work- motor, speed control, handpiece and accessories. When purchased with an optional motor hanger, you are ready to go straight out of the box!
Motor and Speed Control carry a 2-Year Limited Warranty.
- Series SR Motor: Foredom’s most popular and best motor for general use. The 1/6 HP, ball bearing, hang-up style M.SR runs in forward and reverse at speeds up to 18,000 RPM. It offers substantially more power than any of our older universal motors – 66% more than Series CC and 33% more than Series S and old SR motors. It comes equipped with a motor bale for hanging, and our standard 39″ long key-tip inner shaft and outer sheath for connecting to any of Foredoms interchangeable handpieces.
- C.EM-1 Speed Control Description: The C.EM-1 is a solid state control in a plastic housing that can be positioned anywhere on a work surface. The hand dial is used to adjust and set speed. This manual style control allows you to maintain and return to a desired speed, time and again, by using the motor on/off switch rather than the speed control to power up the unit. The C.EM-1 also has a replaceable fuse that protects the electronics during power surges and work overloads. 5″ long, 5-7/8″ wide, 2-3/4″ high, ship wt 2 lb/1 kg.
- H.44T Handpiece: This collet style handpiece is popular among woodcarvers as it accommodates larger accessories with shank diameters up to 1/4″. It comes with 3/32″, 1/8″ and 1/4″ collets. The tapered design allows for close and safe work. The H.44T is a member of the Foredom system of interchangeable handpieces.
- AKWK53 Accessory Kit: 27-pc. assortment with 3/32″, 1/8″ and 1/4″ shank accessories. It includes many unique items from Foredom- Scotch-Brite Radial Bristle Discs, Purple Ceramic Sanding Bands and Discs, Typhoon Burs, V Stones, CeramCut Blue Stones, and more.
- Fur, Feathers, and Fins: 3 disc DVD set with in-depth instruction for beginning woodcarvers as well as detailed tips for more advanced power woodcarvers who want to enhance their technique. Filmed at the Vermont studio of renowned carver, Frank Russell, Fur, Feathers, & Fins shows the many steps involved in bringing simple blocks of tupelo wood to life. In over 3 hours of video material, Frank walks you through the set up of his work space, the tools he uses, safety concerns and lots more. He covers in great detail the carving of 3 different animal projects: A Cotton Tail Rabbit, Mallard Drake Duck, and Small Mouth Bass. Frank’s congenial manner and accomplished teaching style lend to the enjoyment of learning to carve.
- Flexible shaft grease